To minimize the risks of cloud migration, it is important to take security measures at all stages of the migration. Tenendo offers cloud migration support services and provides advice on secure cloud migration.
- I have cloud infrastructure and don't know its capacity
- I am not sure my infrastructure is secure enough
- I would like to know if there are any bottlenecks in my application's performance
- I would like to know how many concurrent users’ sessions my application might process
- Tenendo will generate load on the target system and measure response time and resources utilisation.
- Tenendo will collect system metrics in a CloudWatch Dashboard.
- Tenendo will analyse application logs.
- Tenendo will use AWS Well-Architected framework to assess infrastructure setup and provide recommendations.
Architecture analysis framework
For Architecture Analysis Tenendo experts use AWS Well-Architected framework.
AWS Well-Architected helps cloud architects build secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure for a variety of applications and workloads. Built around six pillars — operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, cost optimization, and sustainability — AWS Well-Architected provides a consistent approach for customers and partners to evaluate architectures and implement scalable designs.
Technical Audit approach
The audit is split into two parallel streams: Architectural analysis and Performance testing.
Architectural work: Technical infrastructure setup review and analysis, scalability analysis and performance model development, attending the Performance test plan preparation, performance test results analysis.
Performance testing work: Performance test plan preparation, scenarios preparation, test environment configuration, test data generation, test results analysis, test scenarios source code packaging, Performance testing report preparation.
Performance testing is used to assess the current performance of the system, analyse the behaviour of the system in case of service timeout or denial of service and predict the necessary changes in the architecture of the system. Testing is carried out iteratively for 100, 400, 1000, 10000,… users.
WHO WILL PERFORM THE TECHNICAL AUDIT
Cloud architect performs infrastructure setup review and analysis, scalability analysis and performance model development, attending the Performance test plan preparation, performance test results analysis.
Performance testing engineer performs Test plan preparation, scenarios preparation, test environment configuration, test data generation, test results analysis, test scenarios source code packaging, testing report.
Performance/Capability goals examples
- The average response time (measured by the time to last byte metric) is less than  seconds
- The worst response time (measured by the time to stay byte metric) is less than  seconds
- The average CPU utilisation of the database server is less than 75%
- The average CPU utilisation of the application server is less than 75%
- Each server must be capable of handling  concurrent users
- The maximum number of acceptable server errors, non-HTTP-200 status codes on client requests, will be less than 2% of all client requests.
Approach and Execution Strategy
- Software is tested independently of an existing testing process.
- Tenendo experts create Test Plan, which serves the Testing Team’s basis for creating test scripts.
- The Testing Team runs scripts using the existing test framework.
- The Testing Team watches and measures the front-end, backend, and RDS CPU utilisation during testing.
- After the performance test cycle, the Testing Team analyses and presents the results to stakeholders.
Your Cyber Resiliency is Our Passionget my quote
Infrastructure as code (IaC) is a form of configuration management that codifies an organization’s infrastructure resources into text files. Infrastructure automation is required to accelerate DevOps processes.
Most of the volume and cost of disaster recovery will depend on your business processes. Experts from the Tenendo will help you create a disaster recovery plan and implement it; test it and obtain the necessary metrics.